Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Major Service

I had 3 unwanted nails / spike in my rear tires. I was in Putrajaya when I realised it. The tire pressure was already at it's minimum but managed to get it inflated again at Precinct 14 motorcycle shop.

A few days ago, I  went to repair it. At the same time, get the transmission checked. Big mistake or rather very lucky. Most of the bearing already worn out.

So, they replace the main shaft bearing. But the gear box bearing had also worn out. The clutch lining already half gone. So I accepted the mechanic's suggestion.... replace the whole set. My... it cost me a fortune.

Tire, clutch unit, engine oil, gear oil............RM650

But my Elegan still runing at high temperature. I went back and left my Elegan there. So, now they replace the water pump cover which had some broken section at the joining area. Some more money.... arrgghhhh...

Today I am testing it. Seems okay so far. Good acceleration (new clutch), still no top speed (120km/h the most). Handling is a little better. May be it's due to the replacement of the shaft bearing and having a new rear tire.

I am okay with that. Oh... forgot to mention. My Elegan has already done 94,500km.....

1 comment:

buymatrix said...

elegan takleh start. can do jumpstart?