Monday, January 15, 2007

Our Ride To Kuantan

06/01/2007 – I was on the road again. We decided to ride east toward the capital of Pahang, Kuantan. Our original plan was to continue riding to Kemaman. It was a rainy season but we did it anyway but until Kuantan only. The sky was dark and it was rather late after a long chat with a friend from Kuantan. We decided to just turn back in the afternoon.

We started at 7.20am in the morning. It was a very nice ride due to a very moderate weather. A cloudy day hide us from the hot Saturday sun.

There were only 2 scooters and a motorbikes. I am on a silver Modenas Elegan, my brother on a Yamaha Virago 535 and a friend on another Modenas Elegan, red in color.

We got into a rain during our ride back, but most of them were not that bad. Riding the Elegan was a blessing in these type of weather. When we stopped for dinner, my boots were still dry.

We reached home at about 12.00 midnight. We ride for a distance of about 520km. What a wonderful ride! At the Elegan..... perfect, no problem at all.

3 comments:

Milanista said...

really fascinated with your journey.
currently looking for any useful info
about elegan and stumble to your blog.honestly, is elegan that wonderful? coz now im looking for a new ride after some problem with my karisma (piston pecah after 70k km, is that normal?)really need ur unbiased input on durability of elegan. Tq

Dean said...

I have been to many places with the Elegan. Recently, I travel to Johor Bahru. It's awet ride, but still very enjoyable.

Aku Budak Nerek said...

Hi Hisham,

Its good to heard about your journey..Lets me share on my experience with Elegant too. So far, I was ride to Johor Bahru, Kuantan, Temerloh, Sepang, Hulu Selangor, 3 times to Cameron Highlands, one time to Taman Negara, one time to Mersing, Batu Pahat, Tangkak. My next destination will be to Tasik kenyir, insyaallah. And of couse, every ride with my wonderful Elegant, the best bike..And I'm enjoy on every miles on my ride..